We understand from many years involvement in the educational tour market - and coming from a school-teaching background ourselves - that Safety and Security are key concerns for you.
Safe & Secure
- Our staff are suitably-qualified and trained to an exceptionally high standard
- All our staff adhere strictly to our Health and Safety procedures
- We are experienced operators and can thus anticipate issues before they arise
- We have an excellent Safety record
- Our accommodation base is secure and private and we provide 24-hour Security supervision
Staff Recruitment & Training
Our Staff Recruitment & Training Policy conforms to the Code of Ethics and Good Practice for Children’s Sport in Ireland, which is the Government-approved standard for recruitment and training.
This means that all staff, when appointed, are offered contracts of employment subject to the satisfactory completion of a probationary period. A formal induction period is followed and documented. Further reviews of staff performance take place during the period of employment. Staff are continuously assessed in practical skills, technical knowledge and teaching ability. Each staff file contains a copy of all National Governing Body certificates and awards held by that instructor.
Every instructor holds an Emergency First Aid Certificate. Professional medical services are available nearby and Mayo General Hospital, Castlebar, is just 15 minutes away.
Health & Safety, Risk Assessment
Health & Safety and Risk Assessments, for all aspects of our operation, are updated regularly and are available for inspection when visiting the centre.