WESTPORT ADVENTURE CENTRE
WHY WESTPORT? There are many compelling reasons why Westport is such an ideal base for our programmes and why we believe it to
be the best location for this purpose anywhere in Ireland. Lying at the western end of the East-West railway line, it is an easy town to access. Once you are here, you are in a prime position to explore and enjoy the surrounding wilderness. By locating our Centre in Westport, we feel we can offer you the perfect mix of great natural beauty in the hinterland, and the lively, cosmopolitan attractions of the town of Westport. You get the best of both worlds, all in one place.
Our Westport Centre is located in the wild and wooded grounds of the lovely Westport Woods Estate at the edge of Westport Town on the shores of the Atlantic Ocean.We offer outstanding Hotel Standard facilities for both Teachers and Students including en-suite accommodation and a 17m swimming pool. All activities are either on-site or on nearby beaches and mountains. Even though the 12 acre site includes the Hotel, the area that Horizon has exclusive use of, is totally secure and separate from the rest of the Hotel Facility.
- 24 hour supervision including trained Horizon on-duty Night Staff ensuring that students are kept safely supervised at all times
- All en-suite accommodation in two and four bedded rooms
- Full Dining and Indoor Recreational Facilities for Students
- Swimming Pool
- Many exciting on-site Adventure Activities including Canoeing, High Ropes, Climbing Tower, Archery, Aeroball etc. Surfing and Hill Walking are 20 minutes drive away from the centre
- Separate en-suite sleeping and dining facilities for Visiting Teachers
- Leisure Centre, Spa and Complimentary Treatments available for Teachers
- For Teachers or Leaders who may wish to get some quiet time away while we supervise your group, the Centre is within walking distance of the Town Centre and the Quay area with its famous array of Pubs and Restaurants